> Sandy Denny > Songs > It'll Take a Long Time
It'll Take a Long Time
I know of six recordings with Sandy Denny singing her song;
- The original studion version with Pete Kleinow on pedal steel guitar duetting with himself, Rabbit on organ and Richard on electric guitar appeared in 1972 on Sandy, and was later included in the Sandy Denny anthologies Who Knows Where the Time Goes?, The Best of Sandy Denny, No More Sad Refrains, and A Boxful of Treasures.
- A live recording from 13 June 1972 for the BBC 2 TV show “Old Grey Whistle Test” was included in 2007 on the 3CD+DVD set Live at the BBC.
- A live studio recording from 25 October 1972 for the BBC Radio 1 show “Sounds of the Seventies”, hosted by Bob Harris, was broadcast on 20 November 1972 and published both on the 1997 CD The BBC Sessions 1971-73 and also on the 3CD+DVD set Live at the BBC.
- A Fairport Convention live recording from February 1974 at The Troubadour, Los Angeles, was included in the first “official bootleg cassette” The Airing Cupboard Tapes (1981; reissued on CD in 2002), on the bonus CD of the Fledg'ling Sandy Denny anthology A Boxful of Treasures, and as bonus track of the 2005 CD reissue of Sandy.
- Another Fairport Convention recording of May 1974 at Ebbets Field, Denver, Colorado, was published in 2002 on Before the Moon.
- Sandy's last live recording from her final concert on 27 November 1977 is available on Gold Dust - Live at the Royalty.
Although this song is credited on Fairport Convention's It All Comes 'Round Again video, it is heard only for a few seconds in the background.
- Crows on their Dingle's album Crows (1981)
- Fairport Convention live at Cropredy 1987 on the cassette The Third Leg - 1987 Fairport Reunion (1987)
- Iain Matthews with No Grey Faith on their album Secrets All Told (2000)
- Snipe Hunt from Austin, Texas (now defunct) on their album Dirty Ditties and Cover Tunes (2000)
- The Julie July Band on their CD Who Knows Where the Time Goes? (July 2018)
Sorry, I can't show the lyrics here as I don't have the copyright owners' permission to publish them. But please feel free and ask me to send you the song's lyrics.